Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff, Please review the following update to our COVID-19 response policy. We are committed to doing all that we can to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 on our campus, and to comply with all applicable laws.
Students this fall have the option to take their classes here on our campus or to take them via Zoom. Students are permitted to take their classes on campus provided they adhere to the following safety guidelines:
1. On campus students, faculty, and staff will practice social distancing at all times while on campus (staying 6’ away from other persons) and refrain from physical contact with other students, faculty, and staff members.
2. Students, faculty, and staff must use the hand sanitizer provided at stations around the college before entering the classroom or other common areas.
3. The elevator is restricted for use by only one person at a time. Individuals who live together or commute together may share the elevator.
4. Students, faculty, and staff must agree not to come to campus if they have a fever or any Covid-19 symptoms. It is strongly recommended that you take your temperature before coming to class each day.
5. Students, faculty, and staff should also not come to campus if they have had direct contact in the past fourteen days with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Direct contact is defined as having been in close proximity, approximately 3-5 feet, from a person known to have tested positive for COVID-19 for a 15-20 minute time frame.
6. Students should comply with the St. Louis County order regarding the wearing of face masks. This order requires that masks be worn in all public buildings. The order as written clearly includes Brookes Bible College. Therefore, until the order is lifted you must wear a mask on campus at all times. We have a duty as Christians to submit to government authority (Romans 13) as long as that authority isn’t compelling us to sin. Previously we said that if you have a health problem that makes wearing a mask unhealthy or unsafe for you, you are exempt from compliance. However, we have been ordered by the County not to admit anyone to the building who is not wearing a mask effective Monday, August 24, 2020. If you cannot wear a mast due to health reasons, you can take your classes this semester via Zoom. We have a duty as Christians to submit to government authority (Romans 13) as long as that authority isn’t compelling us to sin. Let’s do all things to honor Christ and to be a witness to the world around us. Here is a copy of the county’s order. https://stlcorona.com/dr-pages-messages/public-health-orders/order-requiring-members-of-the-public-and-employees-to-wear-face-coverings/
Yours in Christ,
Robert Thurman, President
Help BBC remain Anchored in the Truth for another Century when you donate to Brookes Bible College
Click on the button below to view our calendar for events and the academic school year!